Wednesday, January 11, 2012

A Look at the Wardrobes of Diferent Medieval, Fairytale-ish Fantasy and Renaissance Films.

I finally decided ( with a little help from my sister) that I needed a little more medieval influence on the blog. I'm afraid it's been taken over by fairytales at the moment. My sister told Me I should name it "Fairytale Fixation".That's why I've had some history posts, and because I love the history. Idon't know whether it's boring to yall or not. So now we'll have some lovely medieval dresses to look at. I hope you enjoy the collection. They're from movies I have and haven't seen along with a few photographs that fit in well, but quite frankly I don't have a clue where they come from. Due to some techincalities some of the pictures are a little small. There would be a whole lot more but I've had a terrible time finding good full length shots of the gowns.


I'll start off with one of my favorites! It was worn by Liv Tyler in Lord of the Rings.
Check the sleeves! That's what I love the best.
Pinned Image

Pinned Image

Can anyone tell me who this girl in the mist is. My guess would be Liv Tyler again as Arwen, but I really don't know.

Pinned Image
Lord of the Rings - Eowyn

Now to me, a gril in a medieval dress holding a sword is just down right cool!
And swinging the sword is even cooler...as long as it's in the general direction of the villian.


Eowyn
I Love Eowyns Green Gown!
Eowyn



Pinned Image

This is one of my favourite dresses from the Narnia films but you don't even get to see the whole thing.

Pinned Image


I'm going to make the assumption that this is from the new Three Musketeers movie.
Love the dress though, and I think it fits in this catagory.
Braveheart

This is from Braveheart.....that's all I know.


Pinned Image

Keira Knightly  in the Movie King Arthur.

Pinned Image

I think girls with bows and arrows are pretty cool too.

King Arthur

Kiera Knightly in King Arthur


Pinned Image

I love all of Sophia Lorens gowns in the Movie "El Cid" where she plays oposite Charlton Heston.
I wish I could find more of her gowns and better pictures. They are gorgeous!




Olivia Hussey as Juliet in Romeo and Juliet.




Janet Leigh in The Vikings with Tony Curtis and Kirk Douglas.
Her crown does seem a might exagerated...I think.




Right: Janet Leigh - In The Black Shield of Fallworth



The Black Sheild of Fallworth



The Black Sheild of Fallworth




Christine Kaufman in Taras Bulba. This is not a medieval film, it's actually set in the 1800's but it still looks very medieval, especialy her dresses.




Pinned Image

Olivia de Haviland in Robin Hood

Pinned Image

That's one medieval style I don't go for....womens head gear.

Pinned Image

Oliva de Haviland and Errol Flynn
I've always loved those braids they're gorgeous I think, but even though I have really long hair and its really thick compared to most peoples....it's not quite like Oliva de Havilands here.


Well that's about all I can dig up at the moment. I'll save some more for next time.











Scroll to TopScroll to TopScroll to Top
Scroll to TopScroll to TopScroll to TopScroll to TopScroll to TopScroll to Top
Scroll to TopScroll to TopScroll to TopScroll to TopScroll to Top
Scroll to TopScroll to TopScroll to TopScroll to Top
Scroll to Top

4 comments:

  1. It's true, long, droopy sleeves are my favorite part of medieval fashion! arwin's is my fav♥

    xoxo,
    Jessica
    Diary of a Beautiful Soul

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jessica! I was just looking at ur blog...do you not have it set to comment? I coudln't find any thing but "this made you smile" Oh and is Diary of a Beautiful Soul" a new one fore you? I just don't recall seeing it before and I REALLY love it! Do you have more than one blog?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, Cuz! Is that movie, "The Black Shields of Fallworth", pretty clean? I am really attracted to it, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Never seen it. But all I've seen with Tony and Janet before have been pretty clean. Houdini with them had a few things in it but I didn't know till afterwards that Houdini was into some "bad stuff". If you wanna know just message me. I looved The Vikings!!!

    ReplyDelete