Tuesday, August 23, 2011

~Medieval Maidens~

The Lady of Shallot - John William Waterhouse
While I've known in the past the painter and name of this picture completely escapes me.
Goldenwood - A depiction of the Twelve Dancing Princesses by Ruth Sanderson
Lancelot slays the Caitiff Knight Sir Tarquin -Frank Cadogan Cowper
Rachel at the Well - Frank Cadogan Cowper
(This isn't technically medieval but I thought it fit well enough.)
I dont know who the artist is but I believe the girl is The Lady of Shallot and behind her where the castles stands is Camelot.
Yet another without a title - John William Waterhouse
Windflowers - John William Waterhouse
Stitching the Stamdard - Edmund Blair Leighton
In trying to discover who the painter whas I cam up with two names. I'm assuming one is the girl in the picture and the other is the painter.  Sibylla Palmifera - Dante Gabriel Rossetti.
Title unknown by me - Frank Cadogan Cowper

1 comment:

  1. I'm *very* late to the party, but on the off chance that anybody sees this, the painting of the woman in Orange is "Flaming June" by Frederick, Lord Leighton. Not related to Edmund Blair Leighton.

    ReplyDelete